2023 Guild Challenge – Jane Brough and Pat Pflugh
Decorate the Holiday Tables
Remember, even if you have five in the drawer, you can always gift the runner! The Guild is encouraging your engagement in the Challenge.
· Create a one-of-a-kind table runner or table mat that is themed for a holiday!
· We are limiting your choice for holidays to:
v Valentine’s Day
v St. Patrick’s Day
v Independence Day
· If creating a rectangle table runner, the minimum size is 12” wide by 32” long. If the participant would prefer a square mat, the minimum size is 20” by 20”
· Colors: Your choice – for the holiday you prefer.
· Design: Use your imagination and patterns. Pieced or applique, your choice.
· Multiple entries are allowed, if you are interested in making more than one.
· The runner/mat must be made in 2023 to qualify for this Challenge.
· The fabric is your choice. Use your stash or not.
· No KITS for this challenge
· Finished runners/mats must be complete with top, batting backing, and bound.
· Other items such as placemats, bags, rugs, etc. are not allowed.
Proposed judging will be on the following criteria:
· Best Original Design
· Best Color Combinations
· Best Theme
· Best In Stitching
· Best Overall